by Donn Durante, Principal at ChicagoWeddingServices.com
You'll find many lists around the web of traditional and modern songs for your first dance. I recently found a nice list of "Top 100 Wedding First Dance Songs," but too many choices makes it hard to choose. As a former wedding DJ, below are my personal favorites and recommendations. I tried to cover a broad range of tastes while limiting this list to only those I would personally endorse - using my music aficionado instincts.
- Fallen (Bonus Track) - Lauren Wood
- So Amazing - So Amazing: An All-Star Tribute to Luther Vandross by Beyoncé & Stevie Wonder
- I Cross My Heart - 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: Best of George Strait
- My Commitment - Open Road by Gary Barlow
- Make You Feel My Love - 19 by Adele
- The Way You Look Tonight - Fifty Years: The Artistry of Tony Bennett
- By Your Side - Lovers Rock by Sade
- Lucky (feat. Colbie Caillat) - We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things by Jason Mraz
- Faithfully (feat. Arnel Pineda) - Revelation by Journey
- Let's Stay Together - Al Green
- L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole
- I Melt With You - Rock With a Twist by Four Sexes
- A Thousand Years, Pt. 2 (feat. Steve Kazee) by Christina Perri
This dance is an official symbol for the first of many. It's important to start things off on the right foot. (Sorry, I had to say it :)
Donn Durante started DJing in his basement as a teen, eventually becoming a club DJ in college and a wedding DJ after a stint overseas. Although semi-retired as a DJ, he continues to be an avid music fan collecting music favorites from all genres.
You can listen and download some of his music mixes at www.mixcrate.com/djrecreator.