The following questions for a prospective wedding videographer were taken from the Bliss Wedding Planner (v5.1). Compare answers given from different videographers you interview.
- Will you personally be the videographer for our wedding?
- If the answer is no:
When can we meet the videographer whose work I'm seeing so I can see if I feel comfortable with that person/ see if we are on the same wavelength?
- If you are not talking to the videographer, also ask:
If the videographer we want no longer works for your studio when our wedding comes up, what will you do?
- If you are talking to the videographer:
Are you a full-time videographer?
- What do you do the rest of the week?
- What kind of experience, background, and education do you have?
- Have you received any formal classroom training as a videographer?
- How long have you been a wedding videographer, and how many weddings have you videotaped?
- Have you handled events of my type and size before?
- What are the reasons you think we should hire you?
- Is this your recent work that I'm seeing?
- I'm looking for a photojournalistic videographer. What is your definition of 'photojournalism'?
- What are your criteria for choosing what you would videotape at my wedding?
- What makes your videography better or different than anybody else's?
- Why did you choose wedding videography as a career?
- What time do you arrive to setup your equipment?
- Hours of service:
- Do you bring backup equipment with you?
- How many video cameras will cover the event?
- How many people will cover the event?
- Do you conduct interviews of the guests and wedding party?
- What equipment do you use to edit the captured video?
- Do you provide a written contract and guarantee?
- What are your policies regarding proofs?
- What are your policies regarding delivery times?
- Is a deposit required? If so, how much?
- When is the deposit due?
- May I make partial payments?
- When is the final payment due?
- Is gratuity included in the price?
- If not, what is the percentage of the service charge?
- What percentage are the taxes?
- What is the overtime charge?
- Are there any additional charges not mentioned? (i.e. travel)
- What are the refunds/cancellation terms?
- A question to ask yourself: Has the videographer addressed your personal concerns satisfactorily?